On Island TransportationGuests of White Elephant Village enjoy BMW courtesy cars for transportation to Nantucket Town, as well as van service to and from the nearby ferry landings. Complimentary bikes are also available for exploring the scenic landscape of Nantucket Island.
Ferry ServiceRegular ferry service is available from Hyannis, Massachusetts on the Hy-Line Ferry and the Steamship Authority. Both companies offer one-hour, high speed ferry service and the Steamship Authority offers the car ferry. (We discourage our guests from bringing automobiles on island.) Please let us know if you are planning on arriving via high speed ferry, as we can arrange a complimentary van pick up.
*New ferry service is available with SeaStreak Ferries with service to Nantucket from New Bedford, New Jersey and New York City!
CapeFLYER Train from Boston to HyannisThe CapeFLyer train service runs from South Station in Boston to the Hyannis Transportation Center, just a short walk to the ferry docks, from Memorial Day to Labor Day. Trains depart from South Station on Friday evenings as well as Saturday and Sunday mornings, trains depart from Hyannis on Saturday and Sunday mornings. Travel time is two hours.
Bus from Boston to HyannisPlymouth & Brockton Bus Lines provide daily service between Hyannis, Boston and Logan airport operation from the Hyannis Transportation Center. New in 2016, Peter Pan Bus Lines are offering daily express service between Hyannis, Boston and Logan Airport operation from the Hyannis Transportation Center.
Explore Beautiful NantucketWhether you're into sailing, sightseeing, or simply relaxing in the sun, Nantucket provides the perfect setting. Stroll casually along the wharves at the Nantucket Boat Basin, soak in the sun at Jetties Beach, or take a whale watching cruise with Shearwater Excursions. Capture the photographic beauty of Brant Point Lighthouse, or delight in natural surroundings at Coskata-Coatue Wildlife Refuge. With a variety of local sites to discover, Nantucket offers activities for the entire family. The Hinckley Yacht can also be rented for half and full-day excursions, stocked with everything you will need for your outing.
Distances to Nearby Sites
- Children's Beach - 0.1 Miles
- Barton & Gray Mariner's Club - 0.1 Miles
- Nantucket Whaling Museum - 0.2 Miles
- Nantucket Boat Basin - 0.3 Miles
- Brant Point Lighthouse - 0.4 Miles
- Lightship Basket Museum - 0.5 Miles
- Shearwater Excursions Seal Cruise - 0.5 Miles
- Shearwater Excursions Whale Watching - 0.5 Miles
- Jetties Beach - 0.8 Miles
- Maria Mitchell Association - 0.8 Miles
- Cisco Brewers & Nantucket Vineyards - 2.8 Miles
- Bartlett's Farm - 3.0 Miles
- Surfside Beach - 3.5 Miles
- Shipwreck & Lifesaving Museum - 4.2 Miles
- ‘Sconset Bluff Walk - 8.1 Miles
- Great Point Lighthouse - 8.7 Miles
- Coskata-Coatue Wildlife Refuge - 8.7 Miles
- Sankaty Lighthouse - 9.4 Miles